“We ignore how we learn as humans. Our greatest lessons come from our mistakes and failures. In fact, if someone says he or she is a very successful entrepreneur and has never failed, you know they are lying.”
Read the full article here: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/236591
Our Company: Title III of the JOBS Act allows traditionally labeled “unaccredited” investors to
start investing in private companies. We’re leveraging this new law to build a stock market of
sorts for private equity, which we see greatly affecting the way investments are done today.
About us: We’re a team of 4, not including our team of engineers. We’ll have an office
downtown come September 20, but work out of two cool houses in the Mission as of now.
Responsibilities: Your responsibilities are basic internship responsibilities (i.e. writing emails,
setting up meetings, creative problem solving). We’re an early stage company so things
happen at a fast pace.
• Roughly 20 hours per week. You may work from home occasionally.
• 10 A.M. to 3 P.M. The hours might vary slightly, but we don’t expect you to spend your entire
day with us. We’ll also work around your class schedule.
• No dress code, no coffee runs, no photocopying
• Willingness to put in-depth thought and creativity into solving problems and completing goals
• Senior preferred
Compensation: $10/hour and you’ll be able to see what it’s like to be apart of an early stage
start up that’s making a lot of progress at a very fast rate. Plus, we’ll write you great letters of
recommendation. Interning with us also opens of the potential for a full-time job offer in the
Who should apply: We’re looking for someone that has a particular interest in working from the
ground up with a recently funded startup. If you’re interested in how new technologies can affect
financial markets on a massive scale, this project might particularly appeal to you. Success for
us, in the next year, will be in directing tens of millions of dollars towards new investments, and
you have an opportunity to be a part of that.
Head of Business Development
(949) 554 – 4715
Wispa is a startup company that was founded in 2012 and located in Tel Aviv, Israel. Wispa has designed a mobile application with a unique, innovative technology that matches social network users according to their specific needs. Wispa was voted as one of the most promising startups for 2014. Wispa has collaborated with universities in our area to help students find roommates and housing near their schools, which was very successful at helping students with a specific need they had. With the student in mind, we are aiming to gear our app towards students to assist them with their specific needs, such as housing, roommates, textbooks, etc. Therefore, what better person to come on board as an intern than a student who can help us identify what students want. The intern will be provided knowledge and education about the startup world, as well as allow him/her to get hands on experience in business marketing, advertising, technology and fund raising.
About the App
Wispa is a mobile app that lets you buy, sell and find items via your social networks. Wispa lets you get to know the owners, gives you social feedback about the items, provides location information, and connects you immediately! Buying and selling has never been so social and simple.
Wispa is revolutionizing how you buy, sell and find. Browse through thousands of items by category, proximity and price. Sell your items with a single tap and immediately spread them to all your relevant social networks. Find the perfect roommate and perfect apartment. Know who you are dealing with, meet new people and enjoy the process.
We are looking for an intern who is dedicated, passionate, hardworking and interested in marketing, advertising and learning about the startup world to join our growing team.
Benefit of Interning with Wispa
- Learn, work and collaborate with creative, enthusiastic professionals from all over the world.
- Build lasting contacts in the startup world
- Work with a new startup company that was voted as one of the most promising startups in 2014.
- The student will have the ability to consult with people from each department of the company to learn how each area works.
- The student will have the ability to have a real impact. He/She will be able to express all their ideas and then put them into practice by initiating their own projects and seeing the project through from beginning to end.
- The student will have the chance to make a real impact with the company.
- The student will be able to see business ideas develop and be able to contribute to those ideas and help determine a course of action.
- The intern that shows the greatest potential will be offered the chance to come for a paid internship in our offices in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Market research
- Plan and execute his/her own marketing plan
- Manage social media pages
- Talk directly to customers
- Will have assigned readings to help better educate the student
- Will have the chance to solve a marketing problem through research
Contact with Wispa
The student will have 3 skype sessions per week with his/her supervisor at Wispa, as well as daily email contact. During these meetings, weekly targets and objectives will be set. The student will have to send weekly summaries to his/her supervisor.
The student will be required to work fifteen hours per week for the duration of a full semester.
INTERNSHIP at LAFACE LABORATORIES
LAFACE is a super-premium anti-aging skincare brand uniquely positioned as the leading vendor of new
science facial skincare. This anti-aging skincare segment has the highest growth and profit margins in the entire
skincare industry. Employing recent breakthroughs in anti-aging skincare science utilizing plant based stem cells
and peptides, LAFACE has launched an entire line of patent pending formulations applying this state-of-the-art
Detailed description of the requirements needed for the job of Social media coordinator;
1. Have relevant experience interfacing with and utilizing social media tools sets such as Facebook, Linked-In,
YouTube, Twitter, Blogging, mobile applications and widgets.
2. Stay up-to-date on new media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using
these communication tools. Consume, curate, and share relevant, interesting industry information and content
with internal and external communities.
3. Develop social media campaigns to achieve company objectives.
4. Define and develop an editorial calendar that identifies what types of posts/e-newsletters are required.
5. Write copy and manage content for social media programs, create company blog and promotions..
6. Manage and execute the social media process.
7. Identify and monitor relevant and influential blogs/social media platforms; and when appropriate, respond
appropriately on behalf of the company, maintaining consistency of answers and minimizing legal and brand
8. Establish social measurement KPIs. Monitor metrics to determine effectiveness of social media, website and
marketing efforts, making necessary modifications to increase effectiveness. Prepare appropriate reports to
highlight results. Recommend next steps.
Duration of internship;
As soon as you can start to the appropriate time required to receive academic credit.
10-20 per week
Academic Credit and skincare products
You will get the inside view on the workings of a company through the eyes of the founder. We are a
local California company and located in San Francisco.
We have social work events at spas and stores you may wish to partake in. The environment is quiet
and often times you may be able to work from where you are so the hours are flexible.
Lisa C. Alexander
LAFACE LABORATORIES INC.
(c) (415) 272-8520
(o) (415) 817-1071
*About Stitch Fix*
Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling,
proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience
that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style
Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five
clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle.
Simply buy what you like and return the rest.
*Marketing Internship – Fall 2014*
Have an extraordinary chance to work with our Marketing Team to gain
coveted exposure in the Fashion Industry! At Stitch Fix you have the
opportunity to gain experience working on all sides of our marketing plan,
including: acquisition, retention, social media, relationship management
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is hard-working, flexible, scrappy, but polished
– Is proficient in writing and editing, with top-notch grammar skills
– Works well with others
– Has an eye for design and a great aesthetic
– Stays up to date with the latest trends
– Experience in Excel a plus
You must be:
- Currently enrolled in college and able to receive school credit for an
– Available to work for a minimum of two 8-hour days per week, for the
duration of your semester/quarter
– Local to the Bay Area
Please include your semester start date in your cover letter.
Submit your resume via Ziprecruiter and we’ll be in touch with more
information about the company.