Wispa is a startup company that was founded in 2012 and located in Tel Aviv, Israel. Wispa has designed a mobile application with a unique, innovative technology that matches social network users according to their specific needs. Wispa was voted as one of the most promising startups for 2014. Wispa has collaborated with universities in our area to help students find roommates and housing near their schools, which was very successful at helping students with a specific need they had. With the student in mind, we are aiming to gear our app towards students to assist them with their specific needs, such as housing, roommates, textbooks, etc. Therefore, what better person to come on board as an intern than a student who can help us identify what students want. The intern will be provided knowledge and education about the startup world, as well as allow him/her to get hands on experience in business marketing, advertising, technology and fund raising.
About the App
Wispa is a mobile app that lets you buy, sell and find items via your social networks. Wispa lets you get to know the owners, gives you social feedback about the items, provides location information, and connects you immediately! Buying and selling has never been so social and simple.
Wispa is revolutionizing how you buy, sell and find. Browse through thousands of items by category, proximity and price. Sell your items with a single tap and immediately spread them to all your relevant social networks. Find the perfect roommate and perfect apartment. Know who you are dealing with, meet new people and enjoy the process.
We are looking for an intern who is dedicated, passionate, hardworking and interested in marketing, advertising and learning about the startup world to join our growing team.
Benefit of Interning with Wispa
- Learn, work and collaborate with creative, enthusiastic professionals from all over the world.
- Build lasting contacts in the startup world
- Work with a new startup company that was voted as one of the most promising startups in 2014.
- The student will have the ability to consult with people from each department of the company to learn how each area works.
- The student will have the ability to have a real impact. He/She will be able to express all their ideas and then put them into practice by initiating their own projects and seeing the project through from beginning to end.
- The student will have the chance to make a real impact with the company.
- The student will be able to see business ideas develop and be able to contribute to those ideas and help determine a course of action.
- The intern that shows the greatest potential will be offered the chance to come for a paid internship in our offices in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Market research
- Plan and execute his/her own marketing plan
- Manage social media pages
- Talk directly to customers
- Will have assigned readings to help better educate the student
- Will have the chance to solve a marketing problem through research
Contact with Wispa
The student will have 3 skype sessions per week with his/her supervisor at Wispa, as well as daily email contact. During these meetings, weekly targets and objectives will be set. The student will have to send weekly summaries to his/her supervisor.
The student will be required to work fifteen hours per week for the duration of a full semester.